Selasa, 15 Maret 2011

Great little practice amp

Roland MICRO CUBE Guitar Combo Amplifier

Roland MICRO CUBE Guitar Combo Amplifier

I knew nothing about amps prior to this purchase, but I spent literally days reading all I could find. While I viewed dozens of sites overall, take a look at the buying guide at sweetwater if you too are a newbie and want a good, but succinct, overview of the basics. After I understood the various options I read hundreds of reviews (I am a just a little bit on the obsessive, compulsive side if you haven't gathered that yet). The amp was a Christmas present for my son who also received a MIM Strat (that was a month-long research effort!). And yes, he is an extremely spoiled (but deserving) kid. But I didn't want to spend too much as he is a beginner, and I wasn't 100% certain he would stick with his playing. And as he goes away to college next year, portability was a definite factor. Based on all that and the great reviews I read, I decided to go with this model.

After more than two months my son is still extremely happy with it. It sounds great, has just enough good effects to mess around with, it can go PLENTY loud, and the ability to carry it up and down the stairs, to his lessons, etc is great. The batteries seemingly last forever and for a pretty small outlay, I think it possible that he doesn't buy another amp for many years.

Get your Roland MICRO CUBE Guitar Combo Amplifier Now!

4 komentar:

  1. If im using a roland micro cube amplifier and trying to get as close to guitar sound sweet child o mine had, what settings would i do? please answer

    BalasHapus
  2. I want a cheap practice amp that gives the best sound for my Epiphone Les Paul Standard under $150 i listen to a lot of hard rock some hardcore and heavy metal i heard roland micro cube and marshall mg15dfx amps were good any other suggestions

    BalasHapus
  3. So I've just bought a Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier. Due to its loudness this head is not really that ideal for bedroom practice. And I've heard of some cabinet/speaker simulators for guitar, so is it possible to use the Mini Rectifier with headphones through those cabinet simulators instead of using loud speakers? I would appreciate some recommendations as well.

    BalasHapus
  4. Basically I'm looking at getting into playing bass but I don't want to spend way to much on something I don't understand yet. Volume is not as important as sound quality.

    BalasHapus