Sabtu, 19 Maret 2011

Epic Stuff

Venus half shell Kilgore Trout

Venus half shell Kilgore Trout

Written by Kurt Vonnegut under the name of his alter-ego Kilgore Trout, this book is an absolute masterpiece. When I first read it a couple of years ago, I thought it was simply a great comedy and parody of a sci-fi novel, but now with a few more years' perspective (and I like to think) maturity, I have found much meaning which I missed the first time around.

This book comments on everything -- morals, ethics, philosophy, religion, creation, sexism, racism, politics, government, friendship, love, the past, the future, and everything. And it isn't boring, it's instead typical of Vonnegut in that it's a fast-paced romp through the materiel. This book will leave you rolling on the floor laughing, while at the same time reconsidering your point of view on everything.

This book is a must read, and I hope they reprint it soon.

Get your Venus half shell Kilgore Trout Now!

6 komentar:

  1. Not really a question, more of a thought. I am deeply saddened by Kurt Vonnegut's death. I loved his novels, particularly "The Sirens of Titan" and "Slaughterhouse-5." A girlfriend of mine at Southampton College used to call me "Kilgore Trout," because I write science fiction. In reality, "Venus on a Half-Shell," the one extant Kilgore Trout novel was "ghost written" by Vonnegut's friend and one of my favorite sf writers, Phillip Jose Farmer. Who else was influenced by Kurt Vonnegut's work?

    BalasHapus
  2. from 'Venus On The Half Shell', Kilgore Trout

    BalasHapus
  3. Which of his works have you read? How much did you enjoy them?

    BalasHapus
  4. I am an 18 year old girl. I love to read but I'm not sure what good books are out there! I read the Hunger Games and I absolutely LOVED the trilogy. Already read the Twilight saga. I plan on reading a Song of Fire and Ice but have to wait for that to come in the library. Already read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy as well. I'm open to many genres. Help! Thank you :)

    BalasHapus
  5. Who really wrote the book, "venus on the halfshell", by "kilgore trout" one of kurt vonneguts fictional characters.

    BalasHapus
  6. I have read all of Tolken, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams, and even the Harry Potter series, and much to my dismay I liked it! Would you suggest a new author to read and why?

    BalasHapus